Rev Chris update
I know that snow is not to everybody’s taste, but it has been nice to have a change of scenery even if it has presented further challenges to getting out and about for exercise. Ruth shared a highlight of her walks with the discovery of Little Fant Farm – well worth the visit. On the ‘staying in’ front, she also recommended the film ‘The Dig’ on Netflix (I can also highly recommend it).
Another recent highlight comes from Hetty who is going to have a Great Grandson in April – how exciting that is for her and something to make her very proud. I would also like to highlight the foodbank donations which have been incredible – we currently store everything in the main hall and Carol, our local contact, makes up parcels from there.
Please keep the donations coming in as they are needed now more than ever. They can be left in The Rectory porch as usual.
Next Wednesday is Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent. On that day there will be two services – a telephone one at 10am in the morning (service order attached) and then a Zoom one at 7pm in the evening. Numbers and access codes are on the Services & Events page.
Also, for Lent, I am going to run a five-week course, on Zoom, based on the film THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. It is called ‘From Now On’ and was written by Revd. Rachel Mann and seems very apt for the times we are living through.
These are the details;
‘FROM NOW ON’ – A Lent course based on songs, and themes, from The Greatest Showman
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS @ 7pm on Zoom
1. 24th Feb – A MILLION DREAMS, exploring what hope and liberation might look like in the world that we live in.
2. 3rd March – COME ALIVE, exploring how the family of faith can bring hope and purpose.
3. 10th March – REWRITE THE STARS, asks what forms of resistance can be placed in the way of salvation.
4. 17th March – NEVER ENOUGH, questions the temptations of false fulfilment.
5. 24th March – THE GREATEST SHOW, shows how redemption is found when we discover ‘the circus is our home’.
Please do join me as I am sure we will have interesting discussions. I will send out a Zoom code for each week’s session as well as a You Tube link to the song for the week. In the meantime, you will need to watch the film, possibly more than once – I do have the DVD if you need it.